Monday, April 16, 2007

The Internet breaks down barriers. I used to have a barrier in my life, which was this:

I cannot seem to find a reliable source of ground coffee that tastes good!
No matter which brand I buy in the grocery store, it's all bad.
It doesn't matter if it's a steadfast brand I remember my mom buying when I was growing up, or something with "crystals" (whatever the heck that is), or some coffee hand-picked by a one-eyed, peg-legged man who's been at it for the last 122 years in peru or guatemala or egypt or some place. The price doesn't matter, the brand doesn't matter, the roasted-ness doesn't matter - it's all much worse than the coffee most restaurants serve today.

Starb**ks used to have the best coffee in the universe, when they first opened. Once they became a multimegacorp, their coffee began sucking too. Why, I asked; why?

So how do good restaurants have good coffee? Only the Internet had the answer.

I saw a Google ad on some web site taunting me about knowing the secret to best tasting coffee - which led me to the CoffeeFool web site: http://www.coffeefool.com.

I ordered 2 types of coffee, which, surprisingly, cost no more than purchasing similar-sized packages from my local grocery store (except I had to pay for shipping).

On their web site you can specify what kind of "grind" you want - I just went with "drip", since I have a plain coffee maker. Their web site is easy to use, very clean and neat and informative.

And, wow! Good coffee man. You gotta taste this stuff if you're sick of bitter coffee you can hardly choke down. I highly recommend Coffee Fool for all your coffee needs.

So, for me, another barrier has fallen - the barrier between me getting good tasting coffee, and restaurants getting good coffee. I can now do it just as well as they can - and not through my grocery store.

And no, I am not paid by them in any way - I just like to write about stuff I like on my blog.

No comments: