Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Time Is Here

It must be Christmas - family members are coming into town. My brother-in-law Craig arrived earlier today; my own brother Bill is arriving early tomorrow morning. My dad already lives just a few miles away from us, so basically my whole family will be with us for the holidays, and it makes me happy to think about it.

Craig's arrival was a little more spectacular than most. He just got back from spending a year in Kuwait in the Army Reserves, along with about 100 others returning today to Arizona. They had a whole ceremony for them all, and the local news was there. They interviewed him briefly, along with my wife and son. We got to see ourselves on the 5 o'clock news today. (I recorded it on VHS for posterity).

I sent our family Christmas email card out today. We wanted to include an inline image of our family wedding picture from last May, however neither Yahoo nor Gmail allows inline images normally. I had to use the Flock-to-Gmail inline image trick that I found on the 'net. I can't seem to locate the page now, otherwise I would link to it. The next entry I write for Paulio Tech will describe how I did it.

I still have more shopping to do for Christmas presents. The place I was going to go today closed at 4PM, so I have to go tomorrow. I also have to pick up my brother first thing in the morning, take him over to my dad's, have lunch with them both. Oh, and I'm supposed to work tomorrow from home! I have to fit in some work some time, during the day tomorrow. Such a busy time of the year.

I'm on vacation all next week, which will really be nice. I managed to carve about an hour today to play GTA Vice City, which was really fun. That game is the greatest, most perfect game for me. A whole world you can run around in or drive any car, truck, jeep, bus or motorcycle, and go anywhere you can figure out, based on the physics of the game. You can run from the police, which can be easy or challenging based on how many "stars" you have. Three is perfect, in my opinion, because then the police cars go as fast as the faster cars in the game, and they are willing to follow you off-road more, when you drive on the grass. The story line bores me, plus I won it already. Just driving around causing havoc and jumping off ramps is my favorite thing to do. Man I just love Vice City so much.

It really feels like Christmas to me, today. I almost don't know what to do with myself; there's so much "work" I don't feel like doing at home now. I just want to be lazy, play with the kids, and do whatever I feel like.

technorati tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: